Common Goal is a movement of football players, managers and supporters who share a mission to change the game for good.
The idea is simple. Our members pledge a minimum of 1% of their annual wages to a collective fund. And we allocate this fund to high-impact football charities from all over the world.
It’s a small commitment that drives big change—building a bridge between the world of football and the sustainable development of our planet.
As it stands, the Common Goal’s team boasts around 50 members in total, including World Cup winners Juan Mata, Mats Hummels, Alex Morgan and Italian defender Giorgio Chiellini.
To help us unleash the unique potential of football for good, we are looking for a passionate Strategic Communications Manager (f/m) to join our team in Berlin.
About the role
As Communications Manager, you will be responsible for designing and delivering Common Goal’s communication and public engagement strategy. Working with a lean internal team, as well as a selection of external partners, you will devise a range of communications tactics and materials aimed at both attracting new Common Goal members (donors) from the world of football and retaining those who have already signed up. This means identifying appropriate channels to use at every stage of the donor life cycle, crafting the right message(s) for each channel and establishing an effective framework for monitoring and evaluating their impact.
- You design and implement communication strategies and campaigns focused on member acquisition and retention
- You serve as the primary counterpart for collaborating with agencies and other creatives (designers, videographers etc.) providing briefings for production elements and feedback on deliverables that shape our audiences’ experience
- You create and commission content across all media to drive and support Common Goal’s communications and marketing initiatives with relevant brand messaging
- You lead the organisation of events and support the management of press relations
- You design, deploy, and monitor a process for measuring communication effectiveness
- You continuously advance the Common Goal brand and member experience based on insights into our members’ motivations, needs and behaviours across various media
- You collaborate closely with the Common Goal leadership team on innovations that set our movement up for scale
- You hold a university degree in a related field of studies (e.g. communication, digital media science, and marketing)
- You possess exceptional interpersonal, oral and written communication skills and not only know what to communicate but when, how and why it’s important
- You have a minimum of three years’ professional work experience, understand donor-centric communications, and know how to deliver an exceptional brand experience
- You have well-rounded experience in advertising/branding, branded content, or editorial writing with a portfolio to share
- You have a proven track record of managing and inspiring team members to develop successful marketing campaigns, ideally in the digital communication space
- You are ideally a native English speaker (knowledge of additional languages is a plus)
- You know attention to detail is critical regardless of whether anyone is watching, and you strive for excellence in everything you do
- You have the desire and ability to be thrifty and innovative, working with a lean budget to accomplish your goals
- You thrive on challenging the status-quo and have a genuine passion for our cause
- A 12-month contract to ideally start in January 2018 with the possibility of an extension
- Real responsibility from day one and full ownership of your tasks
- A stimulating work environment with lovely colleagues and flat hierarchies
- The opportunity to be part of a growing movement that’s changing the game for good
Do you think you have what it takes to become our next Strategic Communications Manager?
If so, then please submit your application including your CV, portfolio, references, and a cover letter, as well as your salary expectations, via our online application form until 15th December 2017:
STRATEGIC COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER: ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
Further questions can be directed by email to Manuel Normann:
streetfootballworld is an equal opportunities employer and strongly committed to diversity and building a multicultural environment. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified and experienced candidates.
You can find more information about us on common-goal.org and streetfootballworld.org