HolidayPirates (www.holidaypirates.com) is one of Europe’s fastest growing, free-to-use, travel search platforms and apps, providing users with the best value for money international travel deals. Since its inception in 2011, the company has grown to become the largest online travel community in the world.
HolidayPirates Group continues to expand its online presence in Germany, UK, Netherlands, Austria, Italy, Poland, France, Spain, Switzerland, and most recently, the USA. Our 220 employees from 38 different countries work on 10 websites in 7 different languages.
HolidayPirates Group operates the following domains: urlaubspiraten.de, HolidayPirates.com, urlaubspiraten.at, PiratinViaggio.it, VakantiePiraten.nl, VoyagesPirates.fr, wakacyjnipiraci.pl , ViajerosPiratas.es, SemesterPiraterna.se, Ferienpiraten.ch and TravelPirates.com
Companies founded under HolidayPirates Group are: VoyagesPirates SAS in France; HolidayPirates Ltd. in London; Pirate Technologies d.o.o in Serbia for new technologies and the advancement of our own product; and TravelPirates Corp. in the US, launched in February 2016.
Facts and figures:
- Global headquarters in Berlin, Germany
- Management: David Armstrong (CEO)
- More than 10 million Facebook fans
- 10 million App downloads
- 800.000 Newsletter subscribers
- Over 1 million WhatsApp subscribers
HolidayPirates Group is an equal opportunity employer and evaluates applicants regardless of an individual’s age, musical taste, race, color, gender, religion, ice cream flavor preference, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
As a Frontend developer (m/f), the work of the whole team converges with you. Everything our users see goes through your hands.
Duties on deck:
- Write a qualitative, clean and maintainable code
- Implement and tweak awesome features
- Stay on top of the latest advancements in frontend engineering
- Work on a re-usable frontend library of components
Your treasure of experience:
- At least 5 years of experience as a frontend developer (m/f)
- Experience with one or more frontend frameworks (jQuery, AngularJS, VueJS, React)
- Ability to write and architect good templates in any form (Mustache, Twig, Handlebars, etc.)
- Automated Software Tests
- Knowledge of source-code preprocessing (e.g. SASS, JS transpiling) and different programming paradigms
- Good working knowledge of how to implement a responsive design
- Solid understanding of browser internals and networks
- Very good English skills
Extra knots for:
- Experience with Git, Gulp and NodeJS
Our ship & crew offer you:
- We will provide the technology equipment/gadgets of your choice
- We will give you freedom for your creativity
- Flexible working hours
- A corporate culture in which it is fun to contribute manpower and initiative
- A great team with smart colleagues
- Regular “Hack days” in order to try out new and interesting technologies and capabilities, as well as regular team events
- An attractive and competitive salary
- Support for relocation
- Regular team events
- Free German and English classes
- Social area with table tennis, table football, darts and a comfy dining area
- Pirates bar with bottles of rum - yo-ho pirate's life for me!
- Barrels of juice and boxes of fruits - as much as you like!
- Anchoring berth directly at the Spree with a great view of Berlin-Mitte
Remember, only a fully loaded ship can set sail - we only consider applications with CV and samples of your code in zipped plain text files and/or a link to your Github and/or Stackoverflow profile is highly appreciated.
Work like a captain, play like pirate!