Senior Backend developer (m/w/d) with passion for film
“An absolutely superb solution. Keep up the good work!”, say our users.
Greta & Starks is the leading provider of the shared cinema experience with innovative apps and an AR (Augmented Reality) device for foreign language, blind and deaf cinemagoers.
Imagine, people all over the world could watch films in their preferred language - and you are the backend developer to make this happen. Awarded with the Deep Tech Award, the KfW Award, the Berlin Creative Tech Award and the German Audio Film Award, we combine technology, social impact, innovation and film culture for a shared cinematic experience that is simply fun.
To pick up the pace and expand, both in terms of our product range and internationally, we are looking for a precise and capable senior backend developer. Help us to shape the future of the cinematic experience for everyone.
- Manage development of a stable, flexible, international database architecture that
- flexibly processes, stores, secures thousands of files and millions of requests
- Oversee complex functionalities, good interfaces with apps, various shop systems and several international websites
- Responsibility for architecture, code, performance, security and scalability of our products (CTO ambitions welcome)
- Test-driven development, documentation and integration of KPI-relevant events, integration of interfaces and connection of digital authorization systems (DRMs) such as Widevine etc.
- Contact for the security, audit and dubbing departments of our international film distribution clients
Captain Data Base?
- Several years of experience in development with PHP frameworks, adhering to best
- practices in OOP, SOLID principles, design patters, clean code and testing
- Successfully finished your academic studies in the field of computer sciences or equivalent professional experience
- Proactive problem-solver, goal-oriented, self-motivated, reliable and with a structured way of working
- To make our products and services even better, you are always on the lookout for
- the latest and greatest technical possibilities.
- Good knowledge of English
Skills, Stunts & Special Effects?
- Very good knowledge PHP7 based frameworks, MVC, SQL
- SQL-based relational database design
- Strong OO design skills, ideally experience with development and support of complex B2B systems
- Experience with automated testing, knowledge of when and what to test
- Interest in DevOps
- HTML5, CSS, Sass, jQuery, Ajax
- PHPUnit, Behat, PHP CodeSniffer, phpDoc or equivalent
- REST API, JSON, SOAP
- AWS, Azure or equivalent
- Git or equivalent
- Experienced with all kinds of security and encryption tools
- Experiences with streaming and video data bases
- Wearables & Smart TV OS beneficial
- Crashlytics and Behavior Driven Development
- Experience with barrier-free developments
The Firm - What you can expect working with us
You’ll have the opportunity to shape the future of innovation and inclusion, where you can make significant change to the cinema experience for new audiences.
You will work within a quality-oriented company where importance is attached to a good work-life balance. Next to a competitive salary, we offer flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home.
If this is just what you are looking for, then please send your CV and GitHub or Stack
Overflow profile to Seneit Debese: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please let us know your salary requirements and earliest possible start date.
We promote diversity and variety in our work and our team. Therefore, we actively encourage applications from people who would consider themselves as belonging to a minority group.
We look forward to meeting you!