Innovative Berlin based Internet company is looking for a:
PHP Backend Software-Engineer (m/f)
plista is a pioneer when it comes to innovative solutions for targeted digital advertising and content distribution in editorial environments. With its data-driven platform, the Berlin based company has been successfully bringing advertisers and media together since 2008. With its proprietary real-time Recommendation Technology, plista is able to deliver both content and advertising that matches users’ individual interests across all channels and devices. Publishers benefit from longer user visit duration, increased traffic and the additional monetization of their digital products. By using plista’s native ad formats, advertisers are able to address users seamlessly and efficiently throughout the entire customer journey. plista employs over 185 people and offers its solutions on four continents.
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic PHP Backend Software-Engineer (m/f) to support our Data Engineering Team. Your main focus will be driving our PHP core projects. Additionally, you will be working with our Scala backend team, which gives you the chance to broaden your horizon as a software engineer. As an expert for clean code and design patterns, you will help your colleagues to further build a modern software system. You will work in a friendly team atmosphere, use agile methods, and have the chance to develop yourself both professionally and personally.
• PHP engineering on a very high level
• Build and maintain our core libraries and APIs using technologies like PHP7, Docker, Mesos, Redis
• Help clean up and refactor our code base in order to move it to a modern architecture centered around composer and containers
• Understand and solve performance issues and faults from a low-level perspective
• Support our Devops team in moving forward towards a true continuous deployment process
• Developing your knowledge in Scala
• Assisting our Scala Engineers
• Evidence of excellent programming skills with successful completion of a university degree or similar education as well as relevant programming experience
• Intricate knowledge of OOP, design patterns, clean coding practices, development standards and testing
• Ability to leverage Debugging and Profiling
• Familiar with modern development processes and concepts such as continuous integration (CI/CD)
• Expertise in Linux systems
• Knowledge of SQL, in particular the MySQL dialect and NoSQL data stores like Redis
• Strong passion for sharing knowledge and professional self growth
• The willpower to develop yourself as an engineer in technologies such as Scala
• Prior experience in languages such as Java or Scala are a big plus
• A committed and friendly team that is passionate about technology and media
• Fast decision-making processes and an open company culture
• Organizational mindfulness and a sustainable management
• Healthy team lunch, beverages and fresh fruit daily
• Company sports such as yoga and cross fit
• A family-friendly company with its own company daycare
• Company events and trips
• Great office in the heart of Berlin-Mitte with lots of space for creative work
• Excellent development and career opportunities
Have we caught your interest? Please send your application documents (including your earliest possible start date, salary expectations and motivation letter) to email@example.com.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!